I wrote at this time last year about the man from Sri Lanka who delivers our newspapers.
To save you the trouble of looking back, here is what I said:
"******* puts a Christmas card through the letter box the week before Christmas. He may do this because he wants us to have a happy Christmas: then again he may have a ‘business interest’ for so doing.
Either way, we are very happy to pin a return card on our letter box, with enclosed token of our regard for him to ensure he feels that he has at least one customer - and I suspect more than one - who appreciates what he does for me and England and to recognise that any bonus has been better earned than paid to any banker. . . . "
I am ashamed to admit that I still haven't discovered his name yet!
(I found out later: it is John Bosco)
This year I think it obvious he reads the front page of what he delivers and, with an eye on the economy and the reports that people will not have as much money to spend as once was the case, has shown by posting early for Christmas the sort of thinking that politicians would do well to copy if the Eurozone is to be sorted out
First the pretty card:
then the message:
Leonie could probably help him with his English grammar and spelling, but you have to admit his presentation is faultless!


His name is John Bosco
ReplyDelete