We are moving house!
Not exactly like this, but if feels like it!
After 39 years of living in the same home it is not something to be undertaken lightly. Of course, we didn't realise this when we made the decision to migrate to Dorset to be nearer our family in our declining years.
If you haven't moved home for all those years you are taken unawares by the bureaucracy that has descended on such a simple task. I suppose, if you are young, you can argue that as everything else in this country is entwined in petty laws, rules and regulations, we should know the same situation would apply to buying and selling a house. But, if you are as old as us and recall 39 years ago, you would appreciate that life in those days was simpler and people in general apparently more trusting.
Here's a 'for instance'.
Here is the official local authority map of Tree Preservation Order TPODA 1137. Certain trees in the green areas are protected. Welton Park's post code applies ONLY to Welton Park. It is not within the TPO boundaries. This information is available to everyone, even solicitors!
BUT,
the buyer's solicitors will not accept this. They demand a copy of the order from the local authority at a fee of £21, to be sent by the vendor's solicitors to them to prove that we are not in the TPO. This has taken over five weeks, with each side accusing the other of what amounts to maladministration. They do not use such a word of course - and neither do I.
Enough! I may offer more on the subject in the future when I may be required to prove that despite the following picture, taken a long time ago at a New Year's 'do', we the vendors are of sound mind.
I don't know the name of the solicitor with his back to the camera!


No comments:
Post a Comment