Thursday, 17 March 2011

All is not lost for England!

I played my first competitive indoor bowls match today. 
We won 73 – 71.

Not only that but my three companions and I were awarded the prize for the rink with the best score.
On top of that I won first prize in the raffle!

It was all hugely enjoyable where the playing and the company was more important than the result.

All 32 players were immaculately turned out - although none carried swords - and all helpful and polite where I was welcomed warmly, despite my inexperienced status, by John Sach - pronounced Saitch - as the 99th player of his season’s captaincy .

I can understand now why the Spanish Armada was obliged to wait until Sir Francis Drake had finished his game on Plymouth Hoe!
48 at the time, he didn't have to wait until he was 85 to be selected!

No comments:

Post a Comment