Sunday, 27 March 2011

"What are those two doing?"

This is a question asked by those too young to know; those who know but can't believe it's happening in the garden in broad daylight, and those who knew but who have forgotten!

Having asked you recently to spot the ladybird, I have to tell you that we are being overtaken by hordes of them.  This indicates 'those two' are having some effect on their numbers.

In other parts of the world they are known as lady bugs, lady beetles, lady clocks, lady cows and lady flies.


" But there's the rub", as Shakespeare said. Have you ever heard of a 'manbird'?

As Albert Steptoe commented to his son when discussing 'sixties' males and females: "you can't tell the difference these days".
Harold smirked: "I've never been wrong yet!"



That must go for ladybirds too judging by their numbers here.




















I'm not complaining; they can do what they want as long as they keep the greenfly off the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment