Saturday, 29 October 2011

Note to a grandson

I thought you would like to know Jack, that although we seemed to be flush when I took you to Paris all those years ago - thirteen I think - you may be shocked to learn, which I did by accident after  including a picture of me on my blog after one of my canal walks with you Grandmother, that I am still wearing the same coat I wore at the top of the Eiffel Tower. It was made in France and wasn't new then: the jacket that is, not just the Eiffel Tower!

When you have finished roaming the world, find a decent job Jack and keep a bit by in the bank; I may need a 'sub' to buy a new one at some time in the future!



P.S. Of course, you may already have noticed the jacket and been too polite to mention it.

No comments:

Post a Comment