![]() |
| "Urgghhh! have you seen this house? Filthy!" |
“I thought you were going shopping?”
“Not until I see if the world ends at eleven o’clock as it
says in the paper about the Mayan calendar.”
“What difference will it make?”
“Tesco will have had my money!”
“But they will be gone like everyone else.”
“Don’t bet on it. They are also in today’s paper; successfully
appealed against their £10 million fine for fixing cheese prices. If anyone can
find a way to keep my money, it’s Tesco.”
“If the world is
coming to an end at eleven, why have you been hoovering and doing the ironing?”
“Because if the end of the world is down to another planet,
I don’t want aliens coming into my house seeing dusty floors and dirty washing
in the bin. Your mother would turn in her
grave at the thought.”
“It’s a load of baloney: I’m surprised you believe such
rubbish.”
“We are all free to believe what we want to believe. What
are you doing on your computer at this time of the morning?”
“Organising a return and credit for something I bought yesterday
on Amazon.”
“What did you buy?”
“Your Christmas present."
“What about ‘the load of baloney’?”
“Just being careful. Fancy a cup of coffee? - just have time – it’s ten to eleven.”

No comments:
Post a Comment