And so on a glorious 1st April, after having received a small hint, we went in search of a wider expanse of water.
This part of the beach was a bit rocky!
But the local anglers, who tend to be grand standers of a sort, don't mind because they can fish without having to worry about a beach filled with sun seekers.
Where is this fisherman's delight?
Here's a sign, which if you give it a click for enlargement, will tell you where we were. It faces a track, slightly longer than we thought when we started walking
As you can see it wasn't full,
which is the reason for this big blue pipe running up the distant bank: it is pumping water into Draycote Water from Leamington, where they have a surplus of water in the River Leam.
Severn Trent have an informative board here which explains where the water comes from and how it gets to your tap.
"Urrrggghhh: I'm not drinking water any more!"
I didn't say that! Anyway, pleased to see you've been out and about...I only got as far as the car boot sale and my back garden
ReplyDelete