It was one of those jobs I always had in mind to do - replace the racks that is - but for one reason or another never got round to it. I suppose it was because when I was in there I was busy taking out tools to do some gardening: when I put the tools away and shut the door I subconsciously put it out of my mind.
This is why Aldi is once again "Supermarket of the Year".
Today was one of those gloomy damp days when canal walking or any other outdoor activity was not on the agenda. We had a few things to buy; a bottle of Port (I used up the last of the existing bottle making the sauce with red wine, shallots, carrot and celery and butter for the pan fried and roasted duck's breasts for yesterday's supper), some beer and a couple of cans of spray paint for refurbishing the frogs in the garden: one is playing a saxophone, the other a violin.
And so we went to Aldi and lo and behold - as is always the case with Aldi - there were things on sale which we didn't know about but which Aldi knows you will buy when you see them, especially as you will be unlikely to see them again for a long time because Aldi's philosophy is "when they are gone they are gone"!
You've guessed it! They were selling racks to enable you to hang up your tools and keep the shed tidy at just £7.99 each. I bought two. Fixing them was one of those ten minute jobs which always takes me three hours, but here they are, fixed to the wall, with all tools neatly stashed.
It has only taken me 38 years. I shall not take them down when I move!
Aldi is certainly "Supermarket of the Year" for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment