Friday, 30 August 2013

Somebody needs You!



The moral of this story is that if you want to be an impersonator make sure the audience knows if the original  was any more successful. 
"YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU" 
resulted in one million UK soldiers killed and over one and a half million wounded!



Alison has a blog entitled "donaldandtheweasels". This picture with unimpressed audience could easily be "davidandtheweasels".

 General Kitchener's poster may have persuaded others they were needed .

"Can I speak to Mrs G. please?"
"Sorry, No! She's not in".
"Do you know when she will be back?"
"No! She has gone to The British Heart Foundation"
"Oh! Has she suffered a problem?"
"No! She has gone for a job interview."
"I'm sorry, I must be speaking about the wrong Mrs.G. The one I am after is 84 years old."
"No! You have the right Mrs. G."
"Then why is she seeking work at 84?"
" I think she has been frightened by a newspaper picture of David Cameron supposedly trying to persuade Parliament to agree to go to war. Ladies look at pictures and tend not to read the manual and in my opinion she believes he is doing his usual 'I don't care if I am a millionaire' speech; 'times are hard for all of us and even if you are 84 you ought to be out at work and not claiming free television licences and winter fuel payments when we have millions of Eastern Europeans waiting to get into the country to claim benefits'. 
Do you want her to give you a ring when she gets home?"
"Not if she gets the job. I was just ringing to see if she'd like to volunteer for a job on a North Sea oil rig?"



No comments:

Post a Comment