As you may recall, I have found a gardener, pictured here, who I do not really want to leave as you can see how well the garden has come on in recent months.

She is very good at growing flowers that attract butterflies.
I also have a pretty good odd job man who comes in now and then to keep the outside of the house in good repair. The appearance of the house is evidence of his capabilities. When there's nothing to do on the house he helps out with the garden although it's a bit of a job to see him here half hidden behind the bush
I know you could argue that the house is somewhat on the big size for just the two of us, but there again we have always liked space in which to do our own thing.
and there is nothing Doreen likes more than running up new curtains and quilts for the bed.
For a change she busies herself with the starched linen equivalent of origami.

Very occasionally these day we have a few folks round to tea, but usually we put them outside under our awning: they like it there and it saves us a lot of housework when they have gone.
All in all then we are happy as we are. If we do decide to move I don't think we shall have much
trouble selling the place.
We went to Waddesdon Manor near Aylesbury today. Now there's a house I could live in.


No comments:
Post a Comment