Monday, 21 November 2011

Ear today; gone tomorrow!


I see he went to the hospital today.
Did he?
You should know: aren’t you his guardian angel?
I do have other customers. Can’t keep an eye on them all 24 hours a day.
He went to see a plastic surgeon.
Plastic surgery at his age seems a waste of resources.
He has an imperfection on his left ear.
I know: it’s called his face.
You’re as bad as he is with his new source of old jokes.
Such as?
What did the Spanish princess say to the toreador who, as was customary,  presented her with the ear cut from the bull he had just killed?
What?
‘allo, ‘allo; what’s this ear then? 


"Do you want a drink" asked Gaugin of his friend Van Gogh.
"No thanks said Van Gogh, I've got one ear".

His ears have ever been noticeable:  occasionally helpful as in this picture keeping his hat from falling over his eyes.

Some quite famous people had ears larger than the norm.

Big-Ears is a friendly and cheerful gnome who lives in Toadstool House and is one of Noddy's best friends. He is a hundred years old and very wise.
Somewhat after the style of our subject then.










Dumbo made a lot of money for Walt Disney with his.











And the problem didn't seem to affect Clark Gable's performance - as a film star!  And you thought this sort of thing only went on in modern films! They wouldn't dare put up a poster with this on today.


No comments:

Post a Comment